Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
This is simply the Word-/HTML converted copy of my resumé . Individuals interested
/ in attaining a complete resumé in Word /format /should /email me.
Mr. Kim V. McCumber
800 Heath St. Apt. 74, Greenville, NC /27858
(252) 830-6714 (H)
/East Carolina University, /Greenville, North Carolina
Projected date of graduation: May, 2002
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biochemistry
Chemistry Courses Completed: Quantitative Analysis, Organic Chemistry I and II, Computer Techniques in Experimental Chemistry
- North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, graduated May, 1998.
- Analytical Chemistry: GC, HPLC, Column Chromatography, AA, UV-Vis Spectroscopy, Fluorescence Spectroscopy, GC/MS, Acid-Base Titrations, Melting Point Determinations
- General Laboratory: Reagent Preparation, Pipetting, weighing, titration, glassware maintenance, glassblowing
- Computers: DOS, Windows, WordPerfect, Word, Excel, CricketGraph, Igor Pro, PowerPoint, HTML
Undergraduate Researcher, East Carolina University, Department of Chemistry. Conducting biophysical research under Dr. Nathan R. Brandstater. (Spring, 1999 Present)
Researcher, Texas A&M University, Veterinary, Anatomy and Public Health Laboratories. Conducted environmental research under Dr. Beverly Clement through the NASA-SHARPS High School Apprenticeship Program. (Summer, 1997)
Laboratory Aid, Womack Army Medical Center, Hematology Laboratory. Responsibilities included preparation of blood smears and analysis with the use of computerized instruments. Position as volunteer for American Red Cross (Summer, 1997)
- Researcher, East Carolina University, School of Medicine. Assisted in physiological research under Dr. Arthur Bode through the Summer Ventures in Science and Mathematics program. (Summer, 1996)
American Red Cross, Ft. Bragg, North Carolina
Aided in a Hematology Laboratory, prepared blood smears, analyzed blood samples using computerized instrumentation
McCumber, Kim V.
Chancellors Scholarship Recipient, East Carolina University
Air Force ROTC Type II Scholarship
Chancellors List, Fall 1998 (4.0 GPA)
Deans List, Spring 1999, Fall 1999
Editor, School Annual, directed staff of 35 people. Supervised copy, photography, layout and art. Prepared layouts using Aldus Pagemaker. (1997-1998)
, Used personal Nikon N50 camera to photograph school events. Developed and printed pictures in darkroom setting. (1997-1998)
- Photographer, School Annual and Newspaper
October 5, 1999 Present Tutor, ECU Student Athletics. Tutor student athletes in chemistry and mathematics.
August 7, 1999 October 5, 1999 Lab Assistant, ECU School of Medicine, Biochemistry Department. Duties consist in glassware upkeep and general lab maintenance.
June 20 July 17, 1999 Lab Assistant, Summer Ventures in Science and Math., East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina. Duties consisted in aiding in lab preparation as well as classroom instruction.
August 28 - November 23, 1998 Photographer, The East Carolinian.
June 15 August 8, 1998 Customer Service Representative for Time-Warner Cable, Fayetteville, North Carolina. Duties consisted of assisting customers with questions and problems via phone.
Available upon request.